Working at the leading edges of fundamental science to invent the technologies of the future. Read More »Ares Rosakis
Otis Booth Leadership Chair, Division of Engineering and Applied Science; Theodore von Kármán Professor of Aeronautics and Professor of Mechanical Engineering
- Professor Beverley McKeon Elected Associate Fellow of AIAA
- Professor Chandrasekaran Receives NSF CAREER Award
- Professor Vahala Elected Fellow of IEEE
- Professor Dimotakis Receives AIAA Fluid Dynamics Award
- Caltech: Secrets of the World’s Number One University
- Professors Faber and Brady Elected to the American Academy of Arts and Sciences
- Professor Ravichandran Receives SEM Murray Lecture and Award
- Professor Atwater Receives Julius Springer Prize for Applied Physics
- Professor Greer Awarded the Kavli Early Career Lecture in Nanoscience
Josette Bellan, Caltech Visiting Associate in Mechanical and Civil Engineering as well as Senior Research Scientist at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL), has received the Magellan Award for Excellence for the development of new Large Eddy Simulation methodologies for particle laden and supercritical mixing layers. The Magellan Award is the highest JPL award presented to an individual for her scientific or technical accomplishments.
Dr. John Tracy, Chief Technology Officer and Senior Vice President of Engineering, Operations and Technology for The Boeing Company is the 2014 recipients of the prestigious International von Kármán Wings Award. Dr. Tracy was recognized for his visionary technology and leadership contributions to the aerospace industry, in particular, technical and functional excellence, and transforming structural and material technologies for commercial and defense applications. The von Kármán Wings Award acknowledges outstanding contributions by international innovators, leaders, and pioneers in aerospace and is presented by the Aerospace Historical Society, which is part of the Graduate Aerospace Laboratories at Caltech (GALCIT). [Caltech Release]
The creators of the Austrian TV documentary TM Wissen (TM Knowledge) go inside the laboratories of Professors Harry A. Atwater, Jr. and Frances H. Arnold to learn more about their research at Caltech.
ENGenious is a publication for alumni and friends of the Division of Engineering and Applied Science.View ENGenious online »